Initial Evaluation: $225
Counseling-Couple or Family: $200
Appointments are available in person or virtually. I have day and evening options available. If there is an emergency, I will ALWAYS make arrangements to see clients outside of my weekly times. Your appointment will be 45 minutes. Please be prompt. Please also note there is a cancellation policy. For more information on the cancellation policy see the General Information link under Helpful Forms.
I am not an in-network provider on any insurance plans.
If it applies to your policy, you may use your out of network benefits. Out of network benefits work in a different way. You will pay the fee indicated above to me at the time of service. You then take necessary documents (I will provide whatever you need from me) and mail them to your insurance carrier. Some carriers allow you to submit the documents online now. Your insurance company may provide reimbursement for the paid services. Often the reimbursement is 50-90%, however every policy is different and may or may not include an initial deductible. Pre-authorization may also be required to begin services.
*Through a new portal, JLH Counseling, LLC can submit directly to your insurance company for reimbursement for you, if your plan includes the benefits needed for that option.
If you are a current client, you may access the portal here: http://jennifer-hilligus.clientsecure.me/
It it your responsibility to ascertain insurance coverage from your carrier and to get pre-authorization, if required.
The best way to do this is to call your insurance company using the mental health (sometimes called behavioral health) phone number on the back of your card. If you do not see that phone number, just call the Members number. Once you reach a customer service rep, ask the following questions:
- Do I have outpatient mental health (sometimes called behavioral health) out of network insurance benefits? (Some policies do not include out of network benefits)
- If yes, is there a deductible that needs to be met before the insurance company reimburses me for services paid?
- What percentage of services will the policy reimburse once the deductible is met? (Some plans do not have a deductible at all)
- What is needed to submit for reimbursement? (JLH Counseling, LLC will provide you with a receipt that you can send to your insurance company. There is usually a short form that needs to accompany that receipt.)
- Where do I mail the documents? Am I able to submit the documentation/request for reimbursement online? If so, how?
- How long does it typically take to get reimbursed?
- Is preauthorization needed to begin services? If you decide to begin, have them process the authorization on the phone (takes only a minute). You may need any or all of the following information to ascertain pre-authorization. My name is Jennifer Hilligus. My address is 10E Auer Court in East Brunswick, NJ 08816. My NPI number is 1306129606. My EIN number is 45-3171692. (Some policies do not require pre-authorization)
Payment is due at the time of service. We have recently upgraded to a Client Portal through Simple Practice. When you schedule an appointment, you will receive a link that will allow you access to the Portal. Through this, we can now submit to your insurance for reimbursement, if your plan allows. You just need to enter your insurance information and we will do the rest. Payments are usually made through this portal via credit card , but can also be made by cash, check or money order.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me either via email ([email protected]) or via telephone at 609-937-9702. If you have concerns that this policy will not work for you, please contact me to discuss it. Thank you!
If you do not show up for your scheduled counseling appointment you will be required to pay a fee, as indicated in the cancellation policy. This policy will be available to you via the Client Portal. You may cancel an appointment via email, phone or text.
Request a counseling appointment online here.
Questions? Concerns? Please contact me for further information.