Initial Evaluation: $180
Counseling-Couple or Family: $160
Appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 AM through late evening (last appointment is typically 9:30 PM or 10:15 PM) and Wednesdays from 9:30 AM until approximately 7:00 PM. If there is an emergency, I will ALWAYS make arrangements to see clients outside of these times. Your appointment will be 45 minutes. Please be prompt. Please also note there is a cancellation policy. For more information on the cancellation policy see the General Information link under Helpful Forms.
I am not an in-network provider on any insurance plans.
If it applies to your policy, you may use your out of network benefits. Out of network benefits work in a different way. You will pay the fee indicated above to me at the time of service. You then take necessary documents (I will provide whatever you need from me) and mail them to your insurance carrier. Some carriers allow you to submit the documents online now. Your insurance company may provide reimbursement for the paid services. Often the reimbursement is 50-80%, however every policy is different and may or may not include an initial deductible. Pre-authorization may also be required to begin services.
It it your responsibility to ascertain insurance coverage from your carrier and to get pre-authorization, if required. The best way to do this is to call your insurance company using the mental health (sometimes called behavioral health) phone number on the back of your card. If you do not see that phone number, just call the Members number. Once you reach a customer service rep, ask the following questions:
- Do I have outpatient mental health (sometimes called behavioral health) out of network insurance benefits? (Some policies do not include out of network benefits)
- If yes, is there a deductible that needs to be met before the insurance company reimburses me for services paid?
- What percentage of services will the policy reimburse once the deductible is met? (Some plans do not have a deductible at all)
- What is needed to submit for reimbursement? (JLH Counseling, LLC will provide you with a receipt that you can send to your insurance company. There is usually a short form that needs to accompany that receipt.)
- Where do I mail the documents? Am I able to submit the documentation/request for reimbursement online? If so, how?
- How long does it typically take to get reimbursed?
- Is preauthorization needed to begin services? If you decide to begin, have them process the authorization on the phone (takes only a minute). You may need any or all of the following information to ascertain pre-authorization. My name is Jennifer Hilligus. My address is 10E Auer Court in East Brunswick, NJ 08816. My NPI number is 1306129606. My EIN number is 45-3171692. (Some policies do not require pre-authorization)
Credit cards*, Cash, Check and Money orders are accepted for payment.
Clients may be required to keep a credit card on file Please make checks and money orders payable to: JLH Counseling, LLC
*JLH Counseling, LLC accepts credit cards to make the insurance reimbursement process easier for clients. Paying with a credit card may create a situation where you will not have to pay the bill until you are reimbursed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me either via email ([email protected]) or via telephone at 609-937-9702. If you have concerns that this policy will not work for you, please contact me to discuss it. I will do my best to work with everyone. Thank you!
Cancellation Policy If you do not show up for your scheduled counseling appointment you will be required to pay a fee, as indicated in the cancellation policy. This policy may be found on the General Information sheet under Helpful Forms and will be given to you at your first appointment. You may cancel an appointment via email, phone or text. Schedule Online Request a counseling appointment online here. Contact Questions? Concerns? Please contact me for further information.